(Left to right)
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
Image by Dee Adams – available on etsy
I apologise for my lack of posting this week. I must admit I have been busy at work (my 9-5 job that pays the mortgage) – but it is more than that which has stopped me blogging. Every time I went to blog, I felt guilty that I should be looking, thinking and writing about pretty and somewhat frivolous things when so much of our country is in a state of emergency and tragedy. People have lost their lives, homes and worldly possessions, and I am talking about pretty stationery!
So why I am I posting now? Well I have decided (and this is my opinion only) that those that have been affected would not want us to put our lives on hold. We must live our lives to the fullest whilst we can.
You would all have noticed the multitude of charity auctions going on at the moment on line.
I have donated goods to the AusDisasterRelief etsy store (my items have sold but there is loads more there), the Summerblossum Handmade Accessories Charity Auction, the Handmade Kids & Rudy & The Dodo Flood Appeal ($4000 raised in the first hour alone – this is going to be a big one) and the Chantal Vincent blog and facebook auction (to start Monday).
Please show your support and buy up big – Christmas may be over, but Christmas will come next year as will birthdays – so why not do all your shopping now, get it out of the way, and support a good cause while you can.
There are a ton of other auctions going on – for a comprehensive list of some of them– check out Steph Bond’s Bondville website for details.
For the next couple of weeks, my 9-5 job is going to be full on, so I will apologise now and say my blog posts may be few and far between. I will however be regularly on facebook and twitter (ah the joys of an iphone) so feel free to join me there.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
The week before Christmas when I was madly rushing to get things done before we left Sydney for the holidays I very excitedly received my first blogging award – “The Stylish Blogging” award. Now those that know me well, know that whilst I love pretty things, I could in no ways be considered stylish – but who am I to say no – so a big thank you to Cate at Keep Cate Busy for nominating me for the award.
In order to accept this award I must:
In order to accept this award I must:
b) Share 7 things about yourself
c) Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers (but you can be a bit naughty like me!)
d) contact those bloggers and tell them about the award
so 7 things about myself:
1. My middle name is Tove which is a name my parents made up – it is kind of half Hebrew half Norwegian
2. I have a small dog called Daisy Duck – I wanted to just call her Duck, but my mother said she needed a first name too. Having Duck in her name confuses my nieces no end (plus my in-laws have a dog called Teddy which doesn’t help the situation!)
3. I have lived in Sydney all my life – I love to travel but I couldn’t imagine calling anywhere else home.
4. I had never heard of “blogs” 6 months ago!
5. When I was little I wanted to be a tap dancing vet. I am neither – but there is still time!
6. My love of stationery goes back to primary school
7. I am 5’4 but I think I am actually shorter as I am forever hitting my head on things
Unlike Cate I don’t have OCD tendencies – so I am quite happy to stop at 7!
Now I am meant to pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers – but I am going to be a bit naughty and cut this down to 11 (hope no one minds!) (in alphabetical order):
6. Me a mum:
OK - so now that I have satisfied my requirements (just give me about 10 minutes to email the above!)– take some time to check out some of the above blogs (all the above area links but for some reason they aren't showing up that way!)– they are well worth a read!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
6. Book Boat with Vintage Map Paper Sails - Recycled books and papers By Cotton Bird Designs
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Twenty-11 planner in brown and blue by REDSTAR ink
I am not one for new year’s resolutions - it’s not that I make them, then break them, I have just never made any before.
Over the last couple of months I have had so many ideas and “things” I wanted to do and try, that they get a bit lost and then I never feel like I have done anything to my full ability. So hence, the reason for the list. And to top it off, this year I thought I would go all out and put them out there publically – there is nothing like a bit of accountability to put some pressure on yourself.
Deep breathe – here goes:
1. Finish renovating the bedroom – this is an easy one as I just have silicone and pictures to go – but never hurts to start off easy!
2. Convert the dining room into a multi-functional play / craft / dining room
3. Renovate the kitchen including removing the overhead cupboard and install a new bench top
4. Attempt to sew something that I would be happy for my son to wear in public (I am hoping to do this one as part of the Creative Collective January project – check it out here)
5. Compile and print a photo book of my son’s first year – Daily Ollie’s
6. Really work on building up my stock and sales in my online stores
7. Post one card per month to a friend or family member
8. Try and exercise once a week (minimum)
9. Continue to blog a minimum of 4 times a week
10. Go out more with my friends
11. Spend more time outside with my family
OK – 11 seems like a nice achievable number – and quite appropriate being 2011! And of course I will be blogging about it all along the way.
What is on your list for things to achieve in 2011?