Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

My First Ever Quilt

This week i finished my first ever quilt, and i must admit I am just a little bit proud and already planning my next one.
It went from this:

to this:
to this:



Small confession - i didn't do the actual quilting myself as i couldn't justify a quilting foot for my machine when i hope to get a new machine mid year - so a quick google search led me to Kim's Quilt's who can quilt your quilts for you - and better yet - she is only 30 mins down the road from me!
I used a few excellent tutorials along the way including Diary of a Quilter and Retro Mummy (who I also bought the charm packs from at a market in sydney). If you ever wanted to make a quilt - charm square quilts are the easiest ever - just start and you will be done in no time.
If you are feeling inspired and want to check out some other creative spaces - head over here

8 comments:

  1. Well done, it looks great! I would never have guessed it was your first one, it is so neatly aligned. Love the colours you've chosen for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of your first quilt and you've done a fabulous job on it. Can't wait to see your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome effort. are you totally addicted now?? i am new to quilting & have fallen in love. my first impression of your quilt was wow look at that quilting work for a beginner!! im still yet to venture into free motion. i think your quilt looks really beautiful (even if you didnt quilt it) you should be very proud :) cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...good for you...this is adorable....i can see your stack growing quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you must be so proud of your creation!! You've done an amazing job - very neat stitching. Is it going in your little girl's room or is it for a gift? I love the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome first quilt girl!!! I haven't tackled a quilt yet as I am busy crocheting but I could totally cut squares and see hey!?! But can I just hand sew the 'quilting part' ... I need to research more... Off to follow your links.

    Xo Steph

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...